Blueberry and Goat Cheese Hand Pies
(from Ashley at my heart beets)
Handheld Pie Crust:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned and full fat
- egg wash
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces chèvre
- Drizzle of honey (or sweetener of choice)
- In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, and coconut milk to form a batter.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto a pre-heated non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Let the batter cook until the bottom of the flatbread is firm enough to move.
- Using a spatula, lift the bread and move it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, flipping it over so that the sticky side is down.
- Repeat this until the batter is done – for a total of six hand pies.
- Spread goat cheese on one side of the flatbread, then add about 1 tablespoon of blueberries in the middle of the bread (or as many as will fit). Drizzle honey on top, then seal the pie shut with egg wash. Pinch the dough closed.
- Brush egg wash on the pie and repeat about five more times.
- Place baking sheet in oven at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until crispy outside.