Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes
(as seen on Mother Nature Network)
Yield: 12 cupcakes (Jenny's note: I made a half batch so ended up with 6)
For the cupcakes, followed by frosting ingredients that start with cream cheese
- 1 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or two 6-cup muffin tins, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, eggs, bananas, and cottage cheese. Stir until well-combined. Add in the coconut flour and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup to about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. While these are baking, begin making the frosting.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, peanut butter and oil, and use a fork or a hand-mixer to cream together until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to harden up again while the cupcakes finish baking.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes with the frosting mixture and serve!