Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Evil brownies of doom


Irish Cream Brownies
Originally uploaded by watchjennybake.
Normally I would blog about the recipe I made, or describe the process (easy) or the end result (fudgy, rich, and delicious) but instead I should warn you - if you have a lazy gallbladder, this is NOT the treat to eat.

I haven't decided what to do. I need to have my gallbladder removed probably, but the health process takes a long time. I went to the emergency room last night/ this morning after 6 hours of pain... all because I ate one of these little guys. Usually the pain subsides after four hours or so, but it was not going to happen. They gave me demerol and sent me home.

So what does a baking blogger do when anything with too much sugar, fat, or eggs will make her be in excruciating pain? I think I may take a break from this blog, until I can face the end result again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh nooo! That sucks!

Hey - did I tell you that I changed my plans again? I'm actually moving to the Outer Banks. We're going to still see each other, even though I'll be further away.

I hope you start feeling better and can get your gall bladder to cooperate!

Peabody said...

MMMM, well I love Bailey's and brownies...so combined they must be killer.

Rachel said...

Oh, god, I'm so sorry that you had to go to the hospital! I hope you're feeling better. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sucks. I had mine out a year ago after 24 hours of agony. Was back to work in two days - it's not too bad a surgery. Now I can eat all the brownies I want!

Good luck to you.

Cheryl said...

I am so sorry you have having these problems. I had mine out over 6 years ago and it wasn't bad at all and the relief is fantastic.

steetoa said...

What a pain, literally! That recipe looks absolutely yummy, though (I *love* Baileys). Good luck with the gallbladder issues - I hope it somehow mends itself.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon and start blogging again.