Although I have several bakery review type posts that I have no reason not to have posted, time is just getting away from me this year. I don't want to neglect to post about holiday treats before the holidays.
Every year, I make goodie bags for my student workers in the music library and try to give them out on Study Day, that one day of supposed study time between classes and final exams. Of course, most of my student workers are music majors, so they use that time doing juries, auditions, and interviews for Italy. Busy brains need fuel!
This year because we changed how staffing works in the libraries, I have roughly 22 students working shifts in my library instead of the usual 10-11. I should have made slightly less complicated recipes, but I did spread it out over a few days. I will post the recipe to the chocolate peppermint cookies soon, I hope, once I've made them again, but for now I'll just describe and link to the recipes I used.
- Ninja Gingerbread Men - cookie recipe from Simply Recipes; cookie cutters from Walgreens
- Stained Glass Cookies - cookie recipe from WGBH
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies - I'll post what I did for these soon, it is a modification
- Hazelnut Thumbprint Cookies - cookie recipe from Martha Stewart, and I'm making these again for a cookie exchange!
- Chocolate Fudge - fudge recipe from Alton Brown. Didn't turn out great, wish I'd used a recipe I'd known.