Friday, November 28, 2014

Paleo Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins

I have a cranberry nut bread that is a Thanksgiving staple in my family.  I made a loaf yesterday, to give to the family who invited us over for the holiday meal!  This morning I was craving this bread but didn't want to make something just for me.  Poking around, I came across a paleo cranberry orange muffin recipe that I tweaked slightly for our breakfast.  These were great muffins!



Paleo Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Pecan Muffins

Yield: 8-9 muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
zest of 1 orange (optional)
3 eggs
1/4 cup coconut sugar (you can use honey, we just like a bit lower sugar version)
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or any nut)

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line muffin tin. 
  2. Combine dry ingredients and orange zest in large bowl.
  3. Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then fold in cranberries and nuts.
  4. Using a large ice cream or cookie scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full. 
  5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  6. Cool on wire rack.


No comments: