Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from PaleOMG
Serves: 12 muffins
- 3 brown bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup sugar substitute*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter (almond if you're really paleo)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
*We have made this recipe with coconut/palm sugar as well as Truvia brown sugar substitute, and both worked great!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan (we use silicone muffin cups.)
- In a large bowl, mix together bananas, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, eggs, and peanut butter.
- Then add coconut flour, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into 12 muffin cups and place in oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from muffin cups.