Chocolate Mascarpone Bundt Cake
(Recipe from The Baking Fairy)
2/3 cup (10.5 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
8 oz mascarpone cheese (about 3/4 cup)
1 1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter and flour a bundt cake pan very well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, and beat until fluffy. Stir in the sour cream and mascarpone, and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, and beat until creamy and fluffy.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter* into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool slightly in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.