Orange Poppyseed Yogurt Cake
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 tbsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Once combined, whisk in the yogurt, brown sugar, oil, orange juice, zest, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool before drizzling with glaze.
- For the glaze, simply whisk the ingredients together and drizzle over cake. Slice and serve. Cover and store leftover cake at room temperature for up to 5 days.
|Do you see Doyle?|