Monday, February 26, 2007

Decadent Chocolate Satin Pie

I am choosing to end the month of all-chocolate posting with my favorite chocolate recipe of the year. This is another one from Nestle Chocolatier's online recipes, and can be found here.

What I love about this pie is that it is so easy, but truly decadent. Minimal effort for maximum taste - this would be a great dessert for the person who works full time but still wants to have a dinner party. Just make it the night before, and the dessert will be perfectly firm and smooth by the evening.

The piece pictured is way too much for one person, because it is incredibly rich, dark, and smooth in every mouthful.

I will make this again, and next time I think I'll try it in a tart pan, or possibly in individual servings. As you can see I substituted a chocolate crust for the recommended graham cracker one, because I just couldn't dream of putting something so rich into a non-chocolate crust.

Categories: Chocolate, Pie

No comments: