(Recipe from The Scrumptious Pumpkin blog)
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup organic canola oil
- ⅓ cup organic applesauce
- 1 organic, pastured egg
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 3 tablespoons organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons organic peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, canola oil, applesauce, egg, and honey until well combined.
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yogurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use a small spatula or butter knife to smooth a thin layer of the peanut butter frosting over each cupcake.
Storage: cupcakes should hold up for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in a cool, shaded, dry spot. Peanut butter frosting should be stored separately, covered and refrigerated. Frost cupcakes immediately before serving.