Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
(as seen on Ambitious Kitchen)
- 3/4 cup unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (Jenny's note - I used Stevia-sweetened mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in almond butter, coconut sugar and coconut oil; process until it comes together, about 1 minute. Add in eggs and process again. The dough will probably seize up at this point, but don't worry that's okay.
- Next, add in coconut flour, baking soda and salt; process again until a dough forms. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. You can flatten dough with the palm of your hand if you'd like to have cookies like mine in the photo, or if you prefer, you can leave the dough as is and cookies will be a bit puffier.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies turn slightly golden brown around the edges. Allow them to cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough. Makes around 20 cookies (Jenny's note - I made 14 with my scoop.)