Crispy Chocolate Grain-Free Waffles
(adapted from an adaptation on a recipe on Simply Nourished Recipes)
- 2 cups almond flour (or 1.5 cups almond flour and .5 cup tiger nut flour)*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tiger nut flour, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, and baking powder. Whisk or stir to combine well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter at a time and use waffle maker as directed.