Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lemon Poppyseed Scones


Lemon Poppyseed Scones
Originally uploaded by watchjennybake.
In my alternate life, I opened up my own tea room instead of becoming a librarian. A quirky place, where people would come for special events as well as for everyday, popping in for tea and a scone and leaving blissfully happy and relaxed.

I recently got the cookbook for Alice's Tea Cup and found the place that has always lived in my imagination. I wanted to make every recipe in the book, and started with these lemon poppyseed scones.

Sometimes, it is nice that people have similar dreams, to make sure they actually come true!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I've actually been to Alice's Tea Cup, back when I visited NYC in 2006. It was indeed a delightful place! Have fun working thru the rest of the cookbook!

Unknown said...

Lucky lucky girl! I didn't know it had been around that long.

Kris Ngoei said...

This must be one of the staples of the cookbook, definitely a must-bake :-) Hope your dreams will come true!