I'll include the recipe as converted to American measurements, although Angelika did the translating. It should have nuts, but I was out. It also should have a jam glaze but I didn't have any light in color, so I made a simple butter-powdered sugar-cream-rum glaze for the top.
1 1/2 cups (minus 2 tbsp) flour
2/3 cup-3/4 cup poppy seeds (to taste)
2/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup sugar
12 tbsp soft butter
3 tablespoons rum
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 large peaches (3 small), peeled and sliced, with the pits removed
150 g Apricot jam
1 Tablespoon rum
Whipped cream and / or confectioners‘ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream soft butter with sugar until creamy. Add eggs one of the time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients (alternating dry and wet is a good way to go.)
- Put batter in greased and floured Springform pan.
- Push peach slices down into batter, smooth backs showing, in whatever pattern you desire.
- Bake about 35 Minutes (check with wooden pick)
- Heat jam with rum and spread it out on cake.
- Let it cool and decorate as desired.