Pinterest has brought me many recipes to try in the past year, and I came across one recently for grain-free pumpkin muffins on the Balanced Bites blog. I modified it and you will find my recipe below, but do check her blog out if you aren't as worried about cutting back on sugar. I've also divided the recipe in half for my small household.
Lower Carb Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar Splenda
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease half of a standard muffin tray or use six silicon muffin cups.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl together until well beaten: butter, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Measure dry ingredients (coconut flour, Splenda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice/nutmeg) into a bowl and slowly stir into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add chopped walnuts and/or semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture before baking or place some on top.