Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Bars

Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Bars
When I saw the recipe for salted caramel apple crumb bars over at Two Peas & Their Pod, I knew they were my destiny for fall.  I made this recipe as written, other than using Mutsu apples from Justus Orchard, and it was amazing and delicious.  I know that I resisted salted caramel for a long time, but I hereby instruct you NOT to leave out the salt.  It changes everything.  Without it, these are just super sweet.  With it, decadent and fallish.  I will make this recipe again!

P.S. I seem to have 1 1/2 cups salted caramel with it, and I'm entertaining ideas of what to do with it!  Without your help, I will start adding it to my coffee....

1 comment:

Joanne @ Inspired Taste said...

Looks delicious!