Almond Flour Strawberry Crumble Bars (which I renamed to Jam Crumble Wedges!)
(from Joy the Baker)
- 1 large egg egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (gluten free if that's a concern for you)
- 2 cups almond flour*
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter (or melted coconut oil if dairy is a concern for you)
- 1/2 cup good quality strawberry jam*
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch round pan* with parchment paper and generously grease. Set aside.
- To make the base and crumble topping, in a medium bowl whisk together egg and maple syrup until well combined.
- Stir in almond flour, oats, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Pour melted butter into the crumble and use a fork to evenly distribute and stir together until clumps begin to form.
- Place 2/3 of the mixture into prepared pan (the remaining mixture will be used for the topping).
- Use your fingers to evenly press dough to the bottom. Set the remaining dough aside for just a bit.
- Spread jam in an even layer across the bottom crust.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the strawberry jam. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is lightly golden. Allow crumble to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.* Once chilled, carefully invert the crumble, remove the paper, and slice into wedges.*
- Slices are delicious at room temperature, lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
-I could have used 2 cups almond flour, but I also have some aging spelt flour so I went half and half.
-I had a half jar of lingonberry jam and used this instead of strawberry.
-I used a tart pan, which saved me having to chill or invert as described in step 8.