Not everyone knows that my husband and I are in the process of adopting two boys, which means I am in the process of learning how to cook for kids, which I haven't ever done! I had bought hot dogs when they were first supposed to start visits, but covid got in the way for a few weeks. So then I had these hot dogs I either had to eat or throw away. Luckily I had seen a recipe for corn muffins with hot dog pieces in them, kind of like a quick corn doggish thing. I still don't know if kids like them, but it was a good idea! I'd give credit for this recipe but it's a combo of a few.
Corn Dog Muffins*
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
6 tbsp sour cream
1 stick butter, melted
10ish hot dogs, uncooked, chopped into fourths or thirds.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Stir dry ingredients together, mix in wet.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add batter to cup until it just reaches the top.
- Poke hot dog pieces into muffins, evenly distributing.*
- Bake for 15 minutes or until top is not wet.
- Serve with mustard, honey mustard, and/or ketchup, whatever you'd eat with corn dogs.
*I made half this much and it made 8-9 muffins. I had a few with just 1/4 hot dog and liked those I'd put 2-3 pieces in best.
Caution: Some consider hot dogs choking hazards for smaller children, so please proceed accordingly.