Paleo Blueberry Bars
(adapted from What Runs Lori)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 bananas (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (or berry of choice)
In a large bowl, mix together the coconut flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, and salt. Add in the coconut sugar, mixing again.
In the same bowl, add in the bananas, eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Fold in the berries and spoon the batter into the greased pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until the sides are golden.
Remove from oven and cool. Cut into about 16 squares.
Recipe Notes from JennyBakes
- The original recipe said 1/4 cup - 1 cup of almond milk but as this is a coconut flour recipe you NEED at least 1 cup. If the batter is looking more like cookie batter than muffin, you might want to add even more. Or experiment by adding another egg.
- This was almost not sweet enough. If I made these again I would use 1/2 cup coconut sugar. It isn't as sweet as some of the chemical sugar subs so sometimes a recipe needs more of it, not just a straight trade.
- *I sometimes find adding shredded coconut adds dryness, something this recipe doesn't need. I left it out.