Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Best of JennyBakes in 2013

This was an interesting year of international baking experiments and further attempts to making low-sugar baking palatable.  Along the way, I made some memorable dishes!
  1. The time I colored eggs using natural dye
  2. The first attempt at Turkish cooking - börek (and it was delicious)
  3. Frying food is always scary, but for a once-in-a-lifetime holiday of Thanksgivukkah, I made an exception for pumpkin butter sufganiyot
  4. A new reading friend said I needed to bake with more poppy seeds, and sent me a recipe to try.
  5. Puerto Rican comfort food becomes a breakfast favorite in my house
  6. An anniversary dessert so decadent we couldn't even finish our pieces
  7. A trip to a random bakery leads to a Finnish breakfast treat that we find excuses to make
  8. Finding my way with coconut flour and a trusted blogging friend = decent low carb pancakes
  9. Experimenting with the newest trendy food (I'm not convinced)
  10. A special holiday dessert combining unexpected ingredients
Happy New Year everyone!  My only culinary resolution is to bake and post more in 2014!


No comments: