However for those of us with few bread options in our lower carb eating, this is a great recipe to have on hand. I ate mine with peanut butter and sugar free jam but this would hold up to an egg sandwich nicely. That's what I plan to do with it this weekend!
Low Carb English Muffins
(as seen on SugarFreeMom.com!)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Spray the ramekin you are using with olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil spray.
- Add the almond butter and butter to the dish.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and mix until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk the almond flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Pour the milk and egg to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour this mixture into the ramekin with the almond butter mixture and stir to combine well.
- Microwave 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before taking it out of the ramekin and slicing in half to toast.
- Toast until desired.