This is our favorite lower-carb, grain-free waffle recipe yet! We've tried a lot of stinkers but this one had a great texture. The tiger nut flour is completely optional - I only used it because I ran out of almond flour and had some on hand. But who knows, maybe it is the answer to why these tasted so good. We enjoyed ours with fresh strawberries and whipped cream
Crispy Grain-Free Waffles
(adapted from a recipe on Simply Nourished Recipes)
- 2 cups almond flour (or 1.5 cups almond flour and .5 cup tiger nut flour)
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tiger nut flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, and baking powder. Whisk or stir to combine well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined.
- Use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter at a time and use waffle maker as directed.
Post a Comment