Monday, May 15, 2017

Bakery Review: Buttermilk Bakery, Winter Park, FL

On a long drive home from Orlando last weekend, my husband and I stopped first at Buttermilk Bakery. It had been recommended to me by one of the other librarians, and I had been following them in Instagram for a few months. I knew from their feed that they were champions of brunch and laminated doughs, among other treats. I expected there to be a line outside the door, but we got there pretty early and before brunch started, and after the academic year ended, I think. Good timing, anyway.




All the treats are visible where you order, lines of savory and sweet pastries. The loaves of bread available that day were immediately behind the cashier, and they looked amazing. It was incredibly hard to choose, but because we'd had a bit of a sweet overload, we went mostly with savory (but Nathaniel did get one of the cinnamon sugar donuts.) Libby's favorite treat is the kouign aman and I wish I'd tried one of those; I am also regretting not getting a homemade pop tart!



This is the kind of bakery I would want to work in if I had gone that direction in my life. Creative offerings, incredible quality, and I highly recommend it.

No comments: