Monday, August 13, 2007

Aggression Cookies


Aggression Cookie Dough
Originally uploaded by watchjennybake.
This recipe dates back to my childhood, where we had a cookbook called Kids in the Kitchen that I remember making recipes out of from way back. This recipe has stuck with me through the years, part because of the fun, and part because the recipe is so easy to remember.

Aggression cookies are like they sound - a way to release your aggressions, or stress, or whatever mood you are feeling too much of. You mix them with your hands, of course (hopefully clean ones). I have to admit that I don't think the cookies are that spectacular except straight out of the oven, but that is SO not the point here. Plus there are no eggs, so this is a recipe that it is safe to eat the dough of.

You can either follow this recipe or use the basic formula or the same amount of sugar, flour, and butter plus twice the amount of oats, the same teaspoon amount of baking powder as cups of the sugar/flour/butter amounts, and whatever random additions you want to make.

Aggression Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, room temperature
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Chocolate chips, raisins, M&Ms, whatever you want to add

Dump all ingredients into a bowl*. Mix together with clean hands. Mash it! Knead it! Smash it! The longer and harder you mix it, the better it tastes.

Form into flat discs. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes.

*I recommend leaving out the additions such as chocolate chips until the batter has been well mixed.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love anything that you can take your aggression out on! Sounds like a fun cookie.

Peabody said...

I love the idea of these...since not being able to play hockey due to the bum ankle I need to get out my aggression somewhwere. Why not on yummy cookies?

Anonymous said...

we totally had that cookbook when I was a kid, too!