Monday, March 09, 2015

Concept: Banana Split Pancakes


Back on Shrove Tuesday, aka Fat Tuesday, aka Pancake Day, we had a day of ice. In South Carolina, ice means everything gets shut down and cancelled (and the ice in the picture is the thick layer on my outdoor furniture, not staged.) I spent half the day in web-based meetings, no real snow day for me, but I still had time to celebrate pancake day.

I don't exactly have a recipe for this because the pancake recipe I tried for this I ended up tweaking halfway through - it had no eggs, and I feel like that was a mistake in the recipe.  But the idea of it was good - banana bread pancakes!  So the pancakes themselves have pecans.

Then I added sliced strawberries, chocolate sauce (a melted ganache) and whipped cream.  Tasty! 

No comments: