Monday, May 11, 2020

DoubleTree Cookie Recipe

When it comes to trending recipes, I'm a sheeple, I'm a lemming. If 99 bakers jumped off a bridge, I would too. So it should come as a shock to nobody that I also made these DoubleTree cookies! I have stayed at many Hampton and Hilton hotels, but I don't think I've stayed at a DoubleTree, so I don't have the memory of these cookies to compare anything to. The recipe looked like the standard Toll House recipe with a little lemon juice, cinnamon, and oats added, and yet I had to make it! You also bake them at a lower temperature than most cookies, and for longer - I think if I made these again I'd just do the normal 350 for 10-12 minutes, as I didn't see any advantage to lower and longer.


I tried to use the original recipe as published by Hilton because I've also encountered many "takes" on the recipe, so it gets confusing. One person blitzed the oats, rendering them more like a flour (this is the territory of a previous internet cookie legend, the Neiman Marcus cookie. So I followed this recipe to a T except where I didn't... I didn't chop the walnut halves (making them super obvious in the cookie, and I only had mini chips, so used the same amount of minis, which was a LOT.)


DoubleTree Signature Cookie Recipe

(from the source)

Makes 26 cookies

½ pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ¼ cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch cinnamon
2 2/3 cups Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts

Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.

Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.

With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.

Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Portion dough with a scoop (about 3 tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.

Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.

Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about 1 hour.

Cook’s note: You can freeze the unbaked cookies, and there’s no need to thaw. Preheat oven to 300°F and place frozen cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.

No comments: