Fudgy Veggie Packed Brownies(recipe from Gather and Feast)
- 130g coconut oil, softened or melted & cooled
- 2 cups coconut sugar -OR- 1½ cups if don’t mind it less sweet*
- 1 tbs vanilla paste or extract
- 2 large eggs
- 200g raw sweet potato, finely grated*
- 150g raw zucchini, finely grated*
- 100g raw beetroot, finely grated
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup dark & rich dutch processed cocoa powder
- ¾ cup thick cultured coconut yogurt -OR- thick greek yogurt*
- Extra cocoa powder for dusting
Chocolate Ganache (optional)*
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- Veggie chips
- Cacao nibs
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Whisk the coconut oil and sugar until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the grated veggies and fold through.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold through the yogurt.
- Line a 20cm brownie pan with baking paper.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the pan smoothing it out with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, remove the brownie from the pan, cut into pieces, and dust with cocoa powder and top with desired toppings -OR- top with the ganache and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set - then cut into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized saucepan and melt over low heat.
- I used 1 1/2 cups and found it to be just fine
- I didn't measure my veggies, just went with one of each... as such ended up with 4 cups shredded veggies which felt like too much. More than anything I wish I'd left out the zucchini seeds because they added so much moisture!
- I had Icelandic style plain yogurt which is definitely thick, and worked well here.
- I used a 9x13 pan because I don't have a "brownie pan"
- I didn't make a ganache or put toppings. They didn't seem to need it. They look pretty that way.
- I cut mine into rather large pieces and would have gone smaller if I was bringing them somewhere.
- I neglected to store mine in the fridge and the last two molded. There is a lot of moistness in these brownies!