Saturday, December 09, 2006

Gingerbread people


Gingerbread people
Originally uploaded by watchjennybake.
I made these cookies for my devoted student workers for finals week (and their friends). The recipe comes from A Baker's Field Guide to Cookies which has a wonderful selection of recipes. I haven't made one yet that has been disappointing.

In the past I have made gingerbread snowflakes and trees, but really the best use of gingerbread cookie dough is to make people. If I had more time I would have tried making each one unique, but it was late as it was!

I bought one of the pre-made frosting tubes but neglected to buy the tips, which explains the somewhat messy frosting job. I need to build up my cake decorating supplies, or get my originals from my parents' home in Oregon!

Categories: Cookies

No comments: